Everyone is warmly welcome in the village churches. The following may be of particular interest:
1. St Ephraim Orthodox Parish www.saintephraim.org.uk/home
Parish Church of St Clement, Bridge Street, CB2 1UF
Contact Father Raphael Armour firstname.lastname@example.org
Father Raphael has an international congregation including Ukrainians and Russians worshipping together. He would like to emphasise ‘that ethnic origin is secondary to living in love and peace with each other because, ultimately, our citizenship is in heaven’. All Ukrainian guests are welcome to worship with them.
Normal services as follows
- Great Vespers on a Saturday 17:00 (Confessions 15:30)
- Divine Liturgy on a Sunday at 08:00
Special upcoming services
- Holy Pentecost – Divine Liturgy & Vespers with kneeling prayers – Sunday 12th June 07:30.
2. St John the Evangelist Romanian Orthodox Parish http://en.orthodoxcamro.co.uk
St Gile’s Church, Castle Street, Cambridge CB3 0AQ
Contact Fr Dragos Herescu email: email@example.com 07805972718
Services every Sunday 10:30am
A message from Fr Dragos, “Next week/Sunday the Orthodox celebrate Pentecost. If any of the Ukrainians would like to come to church next Sunday, they are again most welcome. We’ll also serve this coming Thursday for Ascension. The services are listed on our parish website.“
3. The Parish of Our Lady of the Assumption and the English Martyrs
Cambridge Hills Road, Cambridge CB2 1JR
4. Greek Orthodox Church of St Athanasios www.stathanasios.uk
154 Cherry Hinton Road, Cambridge CB1 7AJ
Archdiocese of Tyateira & Great Britain
Community chairman Mr George Pippas – 07789 461 229.
A church service every Sunday from 9AM to 12 Midday.